bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

6 Months

This will probably be a long post so bear with me.

Dear Bianca,

6 Months. 6 Months. I keep saying it, typing it.....and it's like it's hard to get out. I can't believe you have blessed our lives for 6 months. It's bittersweet. I feel like you are growing up so fast, but I'm so glad you are growing healthy and I have more interactions from you everyday.

6 months ago I never cried. Derek used to poke at me and tell me with his own watery eyes, "Well, sorry you never cry." It was true. I was always the one reading at funerals and watching devastating movies without a tear. Now it's not true. I look at you and my eyes water without you saying a thing. I look at you and I have to hold back my tears of happiness and gratefulness. Now I watch a sad movie or have a patient at work who's sick and I can tear up..... just thinking that person is someone's baby - just like you are my baby. I can't take it.

6 months ago you blessed our lives. 6 months ago God gave your daddy and me something we could never imagine loving so much. He gave us you. He gave us life, love, happiness, joy, thankfulness. I can't believe 6 months have gone by. I feel like time is running away from me way faster than I want it to run.

Hopefully someday you will read this letter and see how much we have loved you from day 1. But just like my momma told me - "Bianca, you'll never know how much we love you until one day you have a child of your own. Then you'll know." So true. Until that day.....just know we love you more than life itself.

Love,
Momma & Dadda

At 6 months, Bianca can....
  • sit up with Boppy
  • wiggle across the room on her back
  • eat fruits & veggies
  • nap 2 times a day for 1.5 hours each time
  • has good control of her hands
  • ride in her big girl toddler stroller
  • be "Nosey Nellie"
  • wear size 3 diapers
  • loves bath time
  • loves anything musical, especially books
  • wear pigtails
  • has curly hair.... more than her grandpas!
  • float on her own in a pool
  • play with her hair
  • say purposeful syllables
  • sleep 11+ hours at night
  • decided she no longer wants to be breast fed (wish I'd had a warning!), only by bottle
  • stand on her feet
  • Soothe herself without a pacifier
  • Eat in a big girl high chair
  • nicknamed "B", "Blue Eyes," "Sweetie"
  • melt hearts with her big, blue eyes
Our last 6 months....
























No comments: