bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Chicago, Day 1

We went to Chicago this last week.  We arrived on Saturday and stayed til Wednesday.  Here's what we did:

Saturday: Burbs.  Palatine/Northwest area.  Saw D's college friends, their babies, and cookout.
Sunday: Burbs.  Inverness area.  Saw my college friends, their bellies and babies, and lunch/shopping.
Monday-Wednesday: Downtown with Derek's sister and family.  Saw new baby Joesph!

It was a packed full agenda.  We LOVE Chicago.  We love the atmosphere, the burbs, the cleanliness.  It is awesome to walk everywhere downtown and have clean streets, feel safe, and do anything you want to do.

I'm going to start off with Day 1.  It's awesome, cause I have so many photos from Day 1.  But each day I have significantly less photos.  I was bad.  I am usually so good at taking them.  With all the traveling, Bianca running full speed and out of schedule, me preggers... I just wasn't a good photographer this trip.

We went to Ken's house - Derek's best friend from college.  They are peas in a pod.  When I talk to Ken's wife, Erin, I feel like we are talking about the same person sometimes!  For the last 4 years when we have gotten together, there has never been a time when Erin or I wasn't pregnant.  This time was my time.

A couple of Derek and Ken's other buddies from college came over, too (Jamie and Nick).  They all "caught up" while doing something "really important."


This was what was really important:
Photobucket

ahh.... summertime
Photobucket

please, Cisel (aka "the Sizzler")... you are not in college anymore
Photobucket

Yes, Derek and Jamie won.
Photobucket

The "Boys" crew from Monmouth
(Jamie, Ken, Nick, & Derek)
Photobucket

The "Wifeys" Crew:
(me, Erin, Joanne)
Photobucket

The "Baby" Crew:
(Bianca, James, Calvin, Abram)
Photobucket

Photobucket

The little ones were all pretty dang cute playing together.  My little Miss was the only girl.  But don't you worry... she holds her own.  She's bossy and can tell all those boys what's up.  Poor Abram (Ken & Erin's oldest) was so sweet and so kind.  Little Miss rocked his world and told him a thing or two.....

He is so sweet and gentle-natured.
Photobucket

He was a good boy and went up and down the slide properly.
Photobucket

Bianca did not and showed him the wrong way to do it.
Photobucket

Abram loved riding in his car.
Photobucket

Until Lil Miss Bossy wanted in.
Photobucket

And she wanted all his toys.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Calvin (Ken & Erin's 2nd son) is also sweet as can be.  He loves his mommy and is already standing on his own, attempting to walk (9 months).
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then there was James, the rolly-polly little man (Jamie & Joanne's baby) weighing in at 25 pounds, more than B.  He just smiled, and smiled, and smiled.... he was so cute.  I've only seen one other little guy with legs like this.
Photobucket

The little dude likes to eat.
Photobucket

What a killer smile.  Happiest little guy ever.  Those chunky boys are so smiley!
Photobucket

It was such a good time.  We had not yet seen Calvin or "little" James since they were born.  Derek had his boys' day and seemed to really enjoy it.  We can't tell you all how much we loved seeing you.  We only wished we lived closer and could do BBQs like this every weekend.  

It's been decided this is a yearly event.  We're hoping to be the hosts next year.  Where we'll be.... hopefully somewhere with a yard.



2 comments:

Abbey and Jon said...

Great Pictures Liz - - - Loved the ones of the kids...how CUTE!!!

Erin Williams said...

So wonderful to see your beautiful family! I love the pic of Derek with his vacation face on! The (big) boys are so cute together...and the kids are even cuter together! Looking forward to the next time :)