bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Takin a break

Here I am... late to write a post.  And yet this post is merely to say that we are going away for a while and won't be blogging anytime soon:(

It's true.  I've found myself buried in things to get done for this move.  It's absolutely crazy.  You can't imagine the work involved to move to China.  So now I'm going to give myself a break and just focus on fun times.  We are headed back to Illinois to enjoy time with friends and family before the big move.  I'll even be home for the biggest Donnelly celebration of the year.... ST. PADDY'S DAY!!!  I have not been home for this holiday in YEARS.  I can't tell you how excited I am to see everyone and show my girls around.

My Bucket List in Illinois Before We Leave:
WildLife Prairie Park with my girls and my niece and nephew
Icecream trips with Nana and Grampy
Mow the grass at my parents' house
Stay up late talking to my brother Doug at night, crashing his house with my girls!
Old Chicago - microbrews
See my nephew blow out his first birthday candle.  hopefully watch him take his first few steps.
Watch my dad show Bianca how to be a "country girl"
See my cousins, friends, their kids and just play and talk
Drink coffee in the morning and catch up on things
Weekday masses at St. Mary's
Donnelly's Pub - multiple trips.
Ludy's Kickapoo Creek - tenderloin
Planting flowers at Doug's house
Take pictures, pictures, and more pictures
Venture out to Pammy's Lake House
Driving with the windows down.  Driving, period.  It's going away for 3 years.
Breathe the fresh, clean air and not forget how precious it is.

So for a few weeks, don't expect any new posts here.  But guess what?!  I'm going to be blogging a bit on my new site, www.brimfieldtobeijing.blogspot.com.  Check it out.  It will be mostly boring stuff - no pics or anything - about the process that goes into prepping to move.  I just don't want to forget anything and I want my site to hopefully serve as a guide to anyone who is moving in the future.

I can't wait to see you.  

Until then, cheers!

1 comment:

Abbey and Jon said...

awwww...a bit of a sad post! But I am happy I will get to see you all very soon. Will miss the weekly pictures of Miss B and Vivi but understand the enormity of the move and change that is about to happen in your lives....and it being SO EXCITING!!! LOVE YOU ALL AND SEE YOU IN TWO DAYS!