bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 13, 2012

If these walls could talk

I think about our home now.  It has many memories.  Leaving our little home is so hard.

If these walls could talk......

they'd tell you stories of Derek watching golf all weekend during his bachelor days.
they'd tell you about how when I visited, we would go sun at the pool all day.
they'd tell you how excited I was when Derek and I went to look at wedding bands.
they'd tell you how amazing it has been to live in them together only as husband and wife.

If these walls could talk.....

they'd tell you where we were when I told Derek he would be a daddy for the first time.
they'd tell you how we spent hours plotting and planning where our baby furniture would go.
they'd tell you how nervous we were when we brought our baby home for the first time.
they'd tell you about the sleepless nights as parents.


If these walls could talk......

they'd tell you what Derek and I pray about every night.
they'd tell you our fights and our happy times.
they'd tell you what emotions we had after hearing we were moving across the world.


If these walls could talk.....

they'd tell you the countless prayers I prayed asking for a healthy baby.
they'd tell you how excited Derek was to be the one to read the pregnancy test for our 2nd child.
they'd tell you the names we laughed at and battled over for our new baby.
they'd tell you the number of mornings I spent with my head in the toilet bowl with morning sickness.
they'd tell you the hours I have spent holding my babies and begging time to stand still.


If these walls could talk.....

they'd tell you my sad times, too.
they'd tell you the days and nights I've spent crying over losing my best friend.
they'd tell you the battles and trials of not living around family.
they'd tell you the loneliness of spending so many weekday nights as a single parent.


But mostly these walls hold happy thoughts.  Things I can't even begin to number because the quantity of them is so great.  And soon my youngest baby will be 6 months old.  How wonderful is that?

1 comment:

Abbey and Jon said...

Beautifully put.....Love you all!