bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Nana & Grampy Visit, part 1

The last day has covered me with a similar feeling of grief that you have when a loved one dies.  Wishing my in-laws a safe trip and many thanks on their way back to the United States after their 10-day visit was perhaps the most painful and emotional goodbye I've had to experience in a long time.  I've been like a sloth, slowly creeping around my house.  Trying to get over this blanket of grief I just can't seem to shake.  I miss them already.

It was a beautiful visit.  I have to give props to my in-laws.... they rocked it.  I mean, they never complained of being tired.  They never stopped.  They never napped (well, maybe one small one by Nana but it was an early morning, so not fair to count).  They did better with the 13-hour time difference than I ever could.  Nana and Grampy - you are awesome.


But I didn't need a visit from across the world to tell me just how amazing my in-laws are to my family. They are not my in-laws, really.  They are my parents.  And I love them unconditionally.  I accept them for who they are, and they accept me.  No matter how weird we are.

They have recently been through trials and tribulations never imagined.  Been challenged beyond belief.  But they have held strong and remained true to God... and each other.  Who could ask for better role models?

We all went to the airport to pick them up the night they came in.  I was so excited I forgot the baby's dinner.
Sorry bout that, Viv.  

I also forgot my good camera.  Daddy had his Kodak.

We did remember the sign.  At least most of it.

I dressed the girls in their "silk" China outfits.  They looked adorable.  Bianca was so anxious.




That's where the pics end at the airport.  I was so happy I started tearing up.  Then I saw Nana cry, which lead to an all-out waterworks show.  Bianca crawled under the gate, tackled them, and  proceded to talking rapidly.  She was screaming and so excited.  It was awesome.

If I wrote down every funny, "oh my gosh" moment, I'd be blogging until the next time they are here to visit.  Just know the "OMG" faces and "No ways!" started the minute they got off the plane and continued the entire trip.

Take a look at the Paparazzi everywhere we go.  

Yes, our blonde-headed beauties are famous here, everywhere we go.  Bianca must think she's a movie star or something.  I don't know what we will do when we come back to visit the States and this doesn't happen.



I tried to make our home as welcoming as possible, despite the geckos and mozzies (that's Australian for "wicked mosquitos") we co-habitat with these days.  

I even went out and bought the $10 bedside flower arrangement.

I got a wild idea and decided to paint/refinish my kitchen table, too.  Topped off with another $8 arrangement.

No matter what I did, the time had to come to an end.  We miss them terribly.  I will blog more about the amazing trip later this week when I'm husband-less.  I've got a hubs leaving for the rest of the week tomorrow and then again for 2 weeks straight.... so I'm kinda behind on blogging.  Spending family time together and trying to get through this sadness of missing our parents.

Why is it so many people can't stand their in-laws and they live in the same zip code.... I love mine and have yet to even get to live in the same time zone???

Nana and Grampy: please come back.  Poor B keeps asking if you are home every time we come home from running about.  Vivi says she promises she'll take all her bottles from you, Nans.  We miss you.  My happy home is sad.  I'm gonna need some serious medication next month when Bert comes to visit.

1 comment:

Abbey and Jon said...

I cried through the entire blog. How kind of you Liz to say such wonderful things about my parents. They enjoyed themselves beyond words and cant wait till they are in the same time zone, wait, they will probably even go for the same country as you guys......I cant wait for your visit back "home" Love and Kisses to you all!!!