bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 18, 2013

Reindeer Party

I've got party fever in my blood.  It's truthfully genetic, passed down generations.  I think since I happen to be the only girl in my immediate family, I might have gotten a double-dose.

Bianca is now old enough to get "into" the holiday spirit.... which makes partying that much more fun.  For me, party season starts in October (B's birthday), continues to November (Vivi's birthday), and completes in December (Happy Birthday, Jesus).  Throw an international move in there and we're really getting things hopping!



Come to our North Pole....




I had wanted Chinese lanterns but didn't know what to do with them.  Red & green for Christmas will make lovely memories.


The best "mood setter": a wood burning fireplace.  I LOVED this part of our home in Beijing.




Now I'm hungry.

I basically wanted it to be like a work shop for the little elves.  I had Christmas lights throughout the entire first floor of the house, so the main lights could be turned off.  It was awesome.  Magical.

Worker Elf station.

The Elves had to make reindeer food, of course.  Ikea jar = $2.  Reindeer food = old food in my cabinets.  Amount of fun = Priceless.



Even the little Elves had a blast.

Daddies got to do a lot of the dirty work while mommas enjoyed homemade mulled wine.  Compliments of Mr. Alex.... a little bit of European influence thank you!



 And a certain Ms. Iowa made homemade sugar cookies with all the trimmings to decorate.  Thank you Southern Belle Heather.



I love these Danish friends.  They are so sweet.

The "proper" way to pose while eating cookies.


There was hide and seek, magical peppermint sweet dreams pillow spray, tons of eating, and hot coco (kids) mulled wine (adults).  The elves were up wwaaaaaaaay passed bed time, but who could put a limit on fun?  The next morning we had a HUGE mess and less than 12 hours before departing for our house visit to Dubai.  All I could think was.....

I can't wait to do this again, next year. 


1 comment:

Abbey and Jon said...

Seriously.....best party planner - EVER! You are such a good mama. Just wish Joey and I could crash your amazing parties....We would LOVE to be at one :0)