bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 20, 2009

OB appt #2

Well, we had our 2nd appointment on Monday, April 20th. We met another midwife, Diane. Diane was from England and we enjoyed her accent! She was very friendly and helpful. As soon as she saw me, she said (try to imagine an English accent), "Now, let me see if you have a little pooch." I stood up, and when she looked at me, she said, "Oh my! Yes....you are definitely showing! Are you sure you're at 13 weeks? I'm actually measuring you more at 14-16 weeks." She even took me to the ultrasound to make sure she only saw 1 and that there were no other issues. Sure enough, Baby Sizzle was in there - jumping around, playing. As soon as she saw Baby, she said, "Oh my word, I've never seen anything like it....look - IT'S PRAYING!" Baby had it's hands in a praying position! So cute. All of its arm and legs were moving, but Baby Sizzle likes to keep its lower legs slightly crossed (hum....so does Grandpa Cisel....). She also said, "If you're not at least 15 weeks, this is the biggest 13-weeker I've ever seen (think Uncle Doug)in 27 years." Daddy Derek was so amazed at how big Baby had gotten. He was so pround and full of smiles. Of course, Mommy Liz sneaks a peak here and there at baby when at work, so she wasn't so surprised. We're so glad Baby Sizzle is healthy and active! I would post the ultrasound photo she took, but it's not really clear when scanned. We'll keep you posted on other updates. Next appointment is May 18th. We'll have the big ultrasound the following week - still not sure if we want to find out the sex of the baby or not.

We're leaving for Italy shortly - so until then....Ciao!

No comments: