bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 20, 2010

Silly Grandma

My poor mom. Nobody calls her by her real name. When I say real name - I mean nobody calls her "mom" or "Denise". Her name is "Bert" to me, my brothers, and my sisters-in-law. Her name is "Dee Dee" to the Donnellys. My dear little niece calls her "Silly Grandma." Bianca has yet to name Bert. She did a lot of "Dah" when she wanted her attention, but that's no name yet. We'll see what she comes up with. I'm hoping for a "Mimi" or "DeeDee", but we'll see.

Whatever she decides to call her, I'm sure it won't matter. My daughter has her Grandma wrapped around that finger so tight, she won't have to say anything.
They were like two peas in a pod, relaxing and snuggling on the couch. I guess it didn't bother me until I went to work Friday night, and instead of my daughter getting upset and throwing a fit when I was leaving, she looked at me... and then Bert... and smiled and said, "BYE BYE Momma!"

What???.....Bye Bye???
Where's the tears? Where's the fit?

She didn't cry and throw a fit until Bert put her down. She couldn't handle not being held by my mom. She didn't want Bert to get out of her site the entire time she was here visiting.

What probably made it worse for Bianca was watching Bert leave after a wonderful visit, and full-time playmate. I'm pretty sure she saw tears in my eyes when Bert left, too, which didn't help. But we miss you.

So.... MOM.... thanks again for a lovely visit. We wish we could have days like that together all the time. Bianca sure took to you and you girls are buds, no doubt.

During my mom's visit, we got another visiter from the Donnellys. My dear cousin, Danny, was in town for some business and we were able to do dinner. We went to an awesome Cajun restaurant in downtown Roswell, INC.




Danny, thanks so much for the visit. I can't tell you how much it meant to us that you were so thoughtful to take time out and see us. It had been a couple years since we had seen one another, so it was great to catch up. Dinner was amazing.... thanks! It just really meant a lot that you would make a point of seeing us when you were here for such a short, work-filled couple of days. We are so glad you are back in Chicago. We'll see ya this spring.

And the holidays are underway. A great two weeks are ahead as we venture into the final days of 2010. Bianca is ready for the holiday. She's all decked out thanks to Grandma and Nana. Check her out playing with her latest fave - window stickers.



1 comment:

Abbey said...

I cant believe how Big Bianca looks...all grown up standing by the window by herself - its crazy!!! And what a cute snuggle picture with you momma...how precious!
PS - Love your hair color...what a great change!