bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 9, 2011

1st week

It's crazy how time goes so fast when your babies are little.  To just take 10 minutes to sit down and blog feels like spending eternity away from my girls.  But... I certainly want to keep family up to date on things going on in our crazy, hectic, but wonderful lives.

Veronica came home from the hospital the day before Thanksgiving.  And what a day to give thanks!  We were fortunate enough to have neighbors (thanks Katie and Erik!) share with us some turkey.  Derek was ever-so-grateful.  We went on our first family walk that day.


I never could have went for a walk on the third day after having Bianca.... but #2 seems to have a much shorter recovery time.  Maybe it's cause you are forced to start moving.  The first one looks at you and you just feel the urge to get going...


For those of you who didn't know... Thanksgiving was also the end of an era.... my 20s.  I turned 30 on this day.  Derek surprised me with a cake that had two big candles - "30" on it.  Perfect.  At least I now can say I had all my babies before I was 30! (that's right, I'm done.  I am also 2 weeks post-partum as I write this.)

We had Veronica's first doctor check up on Friday, the day after Thanksgiving.  She got a "perfect" grade and the doctor was amazed at the fact she was PASSED her original birth weight.  She left the hospital weighing 7lbs even on Wednesday and by Friday my super-milk had her weighing 7lbs, 7oz.


Poor Bianca thought she was going to get to go see sissy be poked and prodded by the doctor and she would escape it all.... but Bianca had an ear infection that needed to be assessed after her 10 days of antibiotics.  She was healthy as a horse, too!

 Bianca is doing pretty good with "sissy".  She calls her Sissy cause Veronica is just a mouthful for a two-year-old.  I've found myself calling V a list of things: Snicklefritz, Vera, Roxie, and others.  We'll see with time what sticks.  For now, she's just precious and we love her as "Veronica."

 Oh... the dreaded first bath.....



WHICH ONE IS V AND WHICH ONE IS B???

2 comments:

Abbey and Jon said...

Thanks for taking a few minutes to post this...I know your time is ever so precious....but I just Loved reading and looking at your two beautiful baby girls....they are PRECIOUS!!!! As far as the pictures go...they do look similar....it will be interesting if they stay that way! My guess is that V (and I really like the nickname Roxie) is on the Right.... You will have to post and let us know :)

Meaghan said...

Love this post! You have a beautiful family! I hope to meet little Miss Veronica some day soon.