bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 16, 2011

December Happenings

Been behind in my blogging lately.  Not because I have 2 kids... well, kinda... but mostly because my little baby has been sick.  Yes, Miss Veronica has spent 2 outta 3 weeks of her little life under the weather.  Trips to the doctor, threats of hospital admission, round the clock suctioning... the list goes on and on.  But fear not - she is on the mend!  Our lives of waking up every 20 minutes to suction her little nose is stretching to hours between suctions.  She is doing better and taking her medicine twice a day to get better.  And all this illness has had NO effect on her weight gain - she's almost 10 pounds already!

Bianca is really doing great with her Big Sister duties.  She loves her little sissy and gives her kisses all the time (insert reason why Baby #2 is sick).  Miss B has also shown us her musical side lately.  When I picked her up from the Mommy's Morning Out program the other day, I heard her singing the most beautiful song I've ever heard: Happy Birthday Jesus.  My eyes welled up with tears as she sang.  What a wonderful song to hear your child belting out loud.  She is also a Jingle Bell fan.  Turn your volume up, folks..... Introducing Miss Bianca Dee:



We've been taking advantage of the 75 degree weather all week, too.  You can't catch us inside too much.


And we've been enjoying holiday sweets:

Then there was Santa.  I took Bianca to my work last week to see Santa.  She didn't want to go near him.  So, we sat and ate breakfast and watched the other kids go sit on Santa's lap.  I told Bianca, "If you want to get presents, you have to tell Santa what you want for Christmas."  She yelled, "BICYCLE!"  I said, "No, Bianca, you have to sit on his LAP and tell him."  She climbed off my lap, took my hand and pulled me over to Santa.  I put her up on his lap.  She totally avoided eye contact.  Santa asked her what she wanted for Christmas and she whispered, "Bicycle."  Then she got right off.  It was hilarious.  That bicycle better be there Christmas morning.


We have a daddy that has fallen in love all over again. 


Watching Derek with his girls makes me love him more and more.  He is an absolute perfect "Girls' Dad" and I fall for him all over again when I see him with Bianca and Veronica.

Stay tuned... I'm on a roll with blogging.  Gonna get you up to speed by the end of the weekend!

2 comments:

kinze said...

so sweet ... love hearing bianca sing!

Abbey and Jon said...

Bianca is just beautiful - her eyes are Crazy Pretty!!!!! I also LOVE your wagon - you guys remind me of a Florida family celebrating Christmas....nothing like the Mid-West for this time of year....but I would take the South any other time! I also love the pictures of D and V....so precious