Monday, January 23, 2012
2 Months
Having a baby is surreal. It seems from the moment they enter our world, we are transformed into new people. They create new ways of living, thinking, and performing your "normal" everyday tasks. Suddenly, life becomes not, "What am I going to do today?", but instead, "What are we going to do today?" Really, it's "What am I going to do for you today?" From the moment I wake up (which is still several times at night!) to right before I go to bed, I constantly have my babies on my mind. How can I instill good values, how to make them behave well-mannered, what fun things can I plan, how to keep them safe and healthy..... the list goes on.
Having two babies just simply doubles your love, it does not divide it. I find myself falling more in love with Veronica every time I look at her. She has only been with us for 2 months, but I honestly feel like I don't remember life without her. She is so special. So beautiful. So alive. I cannot thank God enough for blessing us with this little person. I feel complete. I feel blessed.
Two months! We certainly have learned a lot about Miss Vivi in the last 2 months. Here's a few things:
She Loves
"talking" to people
being held
watching big sissy
eating
tickled under the chin
baby flashcards
warm baths
spreading out
sucking her thumb
She Does NOT Love
being fastened into the carseat
swaddling
sleeping at night:)
bottles, especially if the temp is not perfect
getting nails trimmed
Bumbo seat and tummy time - too much work:)
Yes, if you notice.... sucking thumb was listed. It seems our Veronica is following Sissy footsteps, unfortunately. She will actually take her hand, push out the pacifier, and stick her thumb in her mouth. Pretty smart, I guess. Daddy, start saving for braces!
At her 2-month appointment today, she got 4 shots. Yikes! I felt so bad for her. She also was measured to make sure she's growing well. She is! Healthy as can be. Here's her stats:
Height: 23 1/4 inches (80%)
Weight: 12 lb, 14 ounces (80%)
Head: 38 cm (30%)
She has her father's little "pea"-head, obviously.
Dr. Mekelburg said it's not good that she is not sleeping more than a few hours at night, so she thinks the reflux is probably still not under control. She is recommending we try a new medicine to see if it helps. I also fed Bianca at the appointment and she could still hear the reflux take place, so we are going to try a medication to help with it. Maybe this momma will get some sleep. Here's hoping! But overall, everything was P-E-R-F-E-C-T! We'll see the doctor again in 2 months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Awwww Miss Vivi - you are just perfect! Sad to hear about the reflux though...for both you and momma. Hopefully you can get that under control and both get some sleep - sending hugs and kisses from your Auntie and Cousin :) XOXO
Post a Comment