To the rescue came my adoptive parents, Fred and Mary. Now, nobody could replace our natural parents.... but Fred and Mary are good subs when your own parents are states away. It is so hard when your parents aren't just a car ride away. Fred is a doctor I work with in the ER. He is quite unlike any other person you have ever met. Work is never boring when Fred is there. Mary is his loving wife. We meet for lunches and chat/email whenever we can. They are simply amazing people who have been the greatest supporters you can imagine.
So when Mary and I had been texting and she heard the desperation in my words... they acted. They brought us dinner, fresh fruit, toys for Bianca, a cookbook for me, and cookies I'm still trying to work off. It was amazing. And what was just as good was a pleasant visit from them both. They offered to sit and watch the baby while I ran errands. I wanted to sit and chat instead. Mary said, "If you trust us with her, of course." Who better than an ER doctor and a nurse to watch a baby??? Not to mention.....
I'd trust them more than they'll ever know.
Thank you, Fred and Mary, for being there for us! We so appreciate it.




2 comments:
that's awesome ... love people who reach out like that!
How Great to have that support system....they look like Wonderful People!!!
Post a Comment