bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Chinese acrobats/circus

One of my mom's favorite events while visiting was the Chinese acrobat show.  It was pretty cool, I have to admit.  Although they use no nets, no safety straps.... kinda blows your mind.

Back up a minute to getting tickets.  My friend sent me a phone number to call for "discounted" tickets. So I called a couple days in advance, got 2 tickets reserved, and was to meet the ticket dealer at the door.  It was PACKED full of people.  My mom was like, "How will they know who we are?"  Funny.  We were the only caucasian people.  Of course they would find us.  They did, and we got seated in great seats for a major discount.  

This just perplexed us. 


I was sweating when I watched this... I was so nervous for her.

Whoever knew spinning umbrellas would be a career?


At one time there were 12 people riding.  Crazy!!!  Can you imagine?



These were motorcycles.  You can see the globe behind them.  It is VERY small.  8 MOTORCYCLES were riding in there at once.  It was the finale act, which is good because my blood pressure and nurse instincts were really bothering me (as was all the exhaust fumes)!


Traditional Chinese dress.

Throw in a clown???  Circus?

It was over and we were just amazed.  I was glad we got to go to the acrobat show.  Mom really enjoyed it, as did I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to the acrobats also and it was amazing!! :)

Kerry