I haven't been able to do much of anything lately. We are currently on Day #4 of quarantine for potty training. Oh, how I DESPISE this part of the toddler years. However, I learned my lesson the first time by waiting too long to potty train B. I blamed a new baby, moving to a new country, and starting school. Pretty good excuses! I planned on doing this at 22 months with Vivi like "all" the books say, but to be honest, I wasn't ready with visitors and holidays. Anyone who has children close together will also tell you: potty training child #2 with (young) child #1 demanding attention is definitely not easy. It's also hard not being able to go anywhere. I went grocery shopping and stocked up before, and I rearranged for someone to take Bianca home from school.... thankful for friends:)
Prior to this week, Veronica had never gone on the potty or acted interested. For a little girl who had no idea what was coming, she's done VERY good!
Day 1: never made it to potty. Accidents all day. This mama and child were both exhausted.
Day 2: made it half the times to the potty. Wet at nap.
Day 3: 1 accident during the day, stayed dry all through nap.
Day 4: mommy escaped to buy groceries for 2 hours. Daddy supervised. During this time, 2 accidents. (Aghh....... we won't blame him).
She's done AMAZING I think. She hasn't had a diaper on for 4 days now, and we are all happy about that! She does wear a nighttime diaper just in case, but she's basically dry every morning. Such a big girl!!!
I plan on taking her to the morning program she regularly attends tomorrow. She goes from 8-noon and I feel confident in her ability to tell someone when she needs to go. Wish us luck and say some prayers!
And the Cisel household is DIAPER FREE!!!


2 comments:
Momma you are a rocks star and might I say have a very cute little "big" girl to train ;). You go vivi!!!
You go Momma!! Great job Vivi!!
Post a Comment