bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 13, 2014

Where to begin... In the sand!

I'm so far behind.  Do I just start all over or go back to where I left off?  I guess I'll just go sporadically as my mind take me and see where it leads.  Scary.

Currently, we are recovering from the holidays (insert new blog post about holidays).  The girls had birthdays (new post x 2) and visitors (new post x 2).   

Mind.  Spinning.

Lately we have been enjoying desert outings with friends.  We head out to a local spot, about 10 minutes from home.  It's truly serene, peaceful, and beautiful.  The girls get to play in the sand, roll down the dunes, fly kites, and just be silly.








I can't even tell you how ridiculous the sand is in my house after a "dune night".  It's in my house, the car, clothes, shoes.... but it's worth it.  The smiles on their faces are priceless.




 

Did I mention we met Santa in the desert this year?  No need for those long lines at the mall...
 

Something about Santa in the desert, on a camel, being led by a Muslim is just not right, ya know?


We also eat dinner out there.  At times the hot dogs can get a bit.... "gritty" with sand.  But having a good 'ole s'more is priceless.  






 And these lovely ladies?  Well, they are pretty priceless, too. 


I am blessed.



2 comments:

Abbey and Jon said...

Oh my gosh love the dunes! How fun ;). And it looks like wonderful friends to enjoy the time there with which is so important! The girls look so happy and so does mommy - that's great!!!!

Grandma Dee said...

Oh to be young and so carefree! Wonderful times to cherish when you come back to the ordinary!