bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 11, 2009

IT'S A ....!!!!

GIRL!!!  We had our ultrasound on Tuesday.  We were so excited to see the little one!  It was funny, because as soon as she put the probe on my stomach, a clear shot of the butt was in view and I knew it was a girl right away, but I kept my mouth closed.  She said, "I'm going to go through the exam and get the views I need, then I will let you know what the baby's sex is - if you want to know."  It was neat to see the views of the baby - all of its fingers and toes, the brain, the heart, etc.  Then, when she said everything looked as it should and the baby measured exactly to date (20 weeks, 1 day) - she said, "Looks like you will be having a little girl."  I immediately looked at Derek, who was just smiling away!  He said, "Oh good!"  We were thrilled.  Afterward, mom and I went to Babies 'r Us and I was still in a state of shock.  It's amazing how real it gets when you see the baby's entire body and you know what gender you are planning for.  The entire time, the rad tech was saying, "Move it baby.  I need to see your head.  Oh boy, this kid is already stubborn."  Great.  Like its mother.

So onto decorating I go!  I am so happy to have a little girl to plan for - the decorating is a lot of fun!  There are so many options out there.  

Today mom is out a the pool and I'm inside.  She leaves later this afternoon.  We spent all day yesterday at the pool and despite my reapplication of sunscreen, I'm a bit burnt and sore.  I just got back from a long walk - IT IS HOT HERE!  

Well, here are some pics of our little girl.  We are such proud parents.  I am just amazed at this pregnancy.  I told Derek since I was 4 weeks pregnant that I knew I was having a girl - I could just feel it.  Momma's always right!!!  Cousin Sidney has a playmate!!!

Our next appointment is on Monday for my 4-week check and to review the results of the ultrasound.  The tech said everything measured correctly, but of course said a doctor had to view the images.  I have not received any phone calls, so I'm praying all is well.  Say some prayers and we'll update you again on Monday.

Here are just a few of the images we received on a CD to share:
curled up spine shot


Side/Back profile


Heart Rate 150, 4 chambers


Hands by face


It's a Girl!!!


Foot shot


Arm measurement


4D face shot - baby not looking at camera:(


blood flow





No comments: