bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Visit to Illinois - 22 weeks

Well, I've been back in Illinois since Monday. What exhaustion! I have tried my hardest to visit everyone. Here's a little rundown of the week:

Monday: Wake up by 8am (tough when you go to bed at 4am after work!), go to airport, arrive in Illinois by 11am. Got rental car, when home to see mom and dad. They got to feel baby moving - very exciting! Took a nap, then out to dinner with cousins Mindy, Jules, Jenny, and Meaghan. Also got to see baby Olivia (Jenn's little new one)....so cute! And Mindy's lil girl Alaina has really grown. I spent the night at Doug & Crystal (Bug)'s house.

Tuesday: Wake up by 7am. Off to mom and dads again. Breakfast with mom at Panera. Then to Walmart to register for more goodies. No such luck - Walmart was restocking and not allowing registry that day. Then to Verizon to get mom a better cell phone and high speed (goodbye dial-up) internet. Mom then went home and I went to visit my friend, Kinze Schilling and her 2 kids. She looks fabulous - due for baby #3 in August. We looked like a couple of humpback whales in her pool - but what a BEAUTIFUL house and pool! At 3pm, I had to leave and meet Crystal at her house to go visit cousin Nicole at her new pad. She has an AMAZING new house. It was so cool - I can't describe it! Her daughter, Celeste, has really grown into quite a polite young lady! Then off to Michele Cox's house to see her and her 2 kids, Kate McGinn and baby Brooke, and cousin Krystal Zinser (who is due in August). Babies, babies, babies! We had pizza and just sat around and caught up on each other's lives. So much fun to see everyone. Then back to brother Doug and Bug's house for the night. 

Wednesday: woke up at 7am. Off to church with mom and dad for mass and to meet the new priest. Then we had breakfast with Aunt Ann Schmitt - good to catch up! I had to stop by the scrapbook store and see what was new - I miss Scrapadoodle! Best store ever! Next to visit Aunt Pam at work and grab lunch. Off to Methodist to visit Derek's Grandpa Rudy after rotator cuff surgery. He wasn't there and didn't end up having surgery. Then it was off to Walmart in East Peoria to register for some more items. After that - then to Bloomington to visit Matt, Wendy, and Sidney.

Thursday: A nice, slower paced day with Sidney. We played games and danced in the morning, followed by some shopping. She is the smartest 18 month child I have ever seen - and not just because she's my family. Honestly, this kid knows ALL her colors, animals (even giraffe, hippo, and animals I can barely recognize or know their sounds), can count to 10 on her own, and recognizes some letters. IT'S AMAZING! I've never seen anything like it -



Overall, a GREAT visit to Illinois. I sure do miss my husband though! He's been traveling all week as well, so we'll get to see each other tonight when he picks me up from the airport.

Baby is doing well. She is quite a mover at times, but then she'll go a while with no movement. Learning to sleep only on my side is tough. I'm not too uncomfortable yet, but the humidity is enough for anyone! Everyone says I look small and just have a belly, but I feel huge and like I'm spreading everywhere. Baby is over 1 lb now.

Keep in touch and let me know what is new with everyone out there~

1 comment:

kinze said...

Hey Liz .... way to stay on top of the blogging, I love it! I also had a great time chatting, and yes we were for sure two beached whales in my pool! Thanks again for making time to get together can't wait until the next time!