So at the appointment I told the midwife I had not felt a good "kick" yet. I felt the first turns two weeks ago when Nana (Derek's mom) was here visiting. The feelings inside my stomach had been getting stronger - but no good kicks. Derek was just waiting everyday and would try to feel by putting his hand on my stomach - but no luck.
Last night after dinner (I made meatloaf- yuck - but one of Derek's faves) we went out on the deck to talk and read. I was lying there when I felt a kick. I couldn't believe it. I said, "Derek, come here and tell me if you can feel this. I think I felt the baby!" He sat by me and put his hand on my stomach. Sure enough, it wasn't 30 seconds later and a good, strong, 2 kicks followed! He was like, "I FELT IT!" His eyes were huge and he had a big smile on his face. From then on, baby kicked most of the evening. His hand was glued to my stomach several times last night! It is totally amazing to feel life inside of you. I think baby doesn't like meatloaf, either, and was retaliating!
Yesterday we also went and bought a rocker/glider from a store here in town. We bought a recliner with an ottoman. It is lime green! We have to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery. I'll be sure to post some pics when we get it.


No comments:
Post a Comment