36 Weeks
Well, 36 weeks is here! Yeah! I'm so happy we have gotten this far! I worked 6 hours Friday, 8 hours Saturday, and now 12 hours on Sunday. Hopefully all goes well. Everyone at work has been super supportive. I have been checking my blood pressure throughout the shift, and it's been decent (120).
I've had some family and friends asking questions, saying that 120 or 130 isn't really that high of blood pressure.....and it's not. However, my blood pressure has never normally been over 90 - even during this pregnancy. Therefore, my body is working at a pressure 30-40 higher than usual. Basically, it would be like a person who is "normally 130" having a blood pressure of 170. This would be dangerous...likewise I have to be very careful when my BP is 130 because it's the equivalent for my body. It will pull blood away from the placenta to oxygenate my other body parts. Understand?
I don't know what the doctor will say on Tuesday. Time will tell. However, I'm feeling great, not swollen at all. Last night I did have a bit of a headache, which is likely a side effect of the blood pressure elevation. We'll see if I have protein in the urine and if I'm retaining water - a sign that the elevated blood pressure is affecting my organs. Until then, we'll take some prayers and thoughts! Hope all is well for everyone out there!


No comments:
Post a Comment