There will come a day when we will no longer live in Atlanta. It has been a place we have called home for over 2 years (well, Derek has called it "home" for over 3 years now...). It will be the place we will forever love in our hearts and minds. The place we started our married lives together. The place we grew together. The place where we had our firstborn.
I'd been feeling pretty down on Atlanta lately. The smog/air alert has been high. It's been hotter than hot. Honestly, someone from "home" (those of you reading who don't know - Illinois) will call and say, "OH, it's so hot here. The heat index with humidity is like 95). Well, guess what - "HotLanta" as they call Atlanta has not had a day that has not reached over 90 in a month..... and the heat index is always over 100. It's sweltering - and sweaty. Honestly, I am so sick of watching the weather and not a day in the next week being less than 92 (heat index nobody down here pays attention to - cause if it's going to be 92 before you add in humidity.... nobody wants to know how hot it really feels like!).
Sooooo..... today B and I decided to get out and try a new place to "perk up" our views. We headed off to The West Side of Atlanta. I had never been here. My mother-in-law, Susan, had found an article about it in a magazine (I think Elle Decor) and thought it looked like a place I would like.
Me likey.
It was really neat. A great place to walk around and window shop. Mostly cause I couldn't afford anything I looked at inside the shops. I mean, I felt slightly out of place in my White House outfit and Coach bag..... Valentino and Chanel would have been a bit more appropriate. Still - very fun to go look!
It is called "the old meat packing district." A train rolls through every once in a while. It's quiet. It's quaint. It's got great brick walls. You can smell the homemade wine fermenting. People are all dressed up in the latest fashions. It's trendy. It's got amazing restaurants. It's got great views. It's where my hubby is taking me next weekend for our date night (hope you're reading this!).
I already booked the sitter.


What do you do when you have a great wall, good lighting, and a cute baby?
You take a picture.
Yes, there will come a day that Derek's job takes us to another city... maybe another country. We don't know. We look forward to new adventures. Being away from family is tough - but we will come back someday and never regret this. We have been in a fun city, and met some of the most wonderful friends. There will come a time when I'm ready to stop moving and want to go back to our quiet midwestern hometown - I'll want to be a "country mouse" and have my garden, a clothesline, far away neighbors, and drive down dirt roads now and again.
But until then.... this your your city, B. Love it.









1 comment:
That looks like such a neat place - artsy, trendy, really cool ~ Glad you got out and enjoyed it!!!
Post a Comment