bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall & Alive After Five

Fall already.

I mean, seriously. I'm a Midwest girl. I can't take this 90-degree-late-September-gotta-plant-mums-decorate-for-halloween-go-get-pumpkins kinda girl. Fall is my favorite season - but only when living in the midwest. Nowadays, my favorite season is winter - but only when living in the south. So, this last week, I didn't care. I planted the mums. Sweat like crazy cause it was 92 degrees outside when I did it.... but hey - there're in that georgia clay ground. Busted out the fall wreath on our front door, too. I'm just going all out. I can't take it. I keep checking the weather - no chance of highs in the 70s until late October. Great. The leaves don't change until then, either. I've given up. My plants outside have also given up and surrendered - they are done for the season. Better luck next year. Reports say this is the hottest Georgia weather in years..... perfect.

So, we beared the heat and went to Alive After Five in Roswell last night. My friends called and said we should head up to Roswell to check it out. I've wanted to go every month. It is a time when the "small" (use this term loosely here....I am a small town Midwest girl afterall), quaint town of Roswell hosts a nighttime gathering the 3rd Thursday of the summer months. The adorable and eccentric little shops open their doors and pour out their goodies onto the bricked sidewalks, allowing customers to overflow into the streets and check out all the portable vendors in the area, too. It's awesome. And the kids had a ball.

2 little old ladies having dinner

Little Callie just needed a small pile of dirt to make her happy
My daughter just needed a thumb and lovey to make her happy
Erin got to jump in the air jumpy and that made her happy
I cannot wait until Bianca is old enough for this


Thanks again, Dearies, for a fun-filled evening. We loved it!!!

And next week......... I cannot wait....... Cisel family vacation pics!!!

No comments: