I thought it was an omen today when my cousin, Nicole, called me to chat this morning. She was my hairdresser/fixer back home. I knew it was a day for change.
My hairdresser here says my color is very blonde and I'm a "natural" blonde.... but there's something about having to go to get my roots dyed every few months that doesn't feel so "natural." Makes me think, "You know, Liz, your blonde days may be over now."
Yes, I've been platinum. I've been dirty. I've been sandy. I've been every shade of blonde you can imagine. But now, as I turn the big 3-0 next year (holding.... 2011 is not looking too hot!) and I reflect on the fact that I have a little girl - maybe I should just come to grips my hair will never be the blonde it was in high school. I'm older now, and it's time to act my age. (not to mention... i want to have hair in 10 years - it's already falling out)
There has only been one time in my life I ventured to the "dark side." 2 days after my grandma died, I did the unthinkable - I died my hair black. I was upset. I was grieving. I acted out. Badly. Cause it wasn't so much black as it was burgundy.... and then green. It was bad. Lasted about 1 month. Then I grabbed some bleach and fixed it. Usually, I change it up by length or style. I like to grow it out, chop, buzz, and then grow again.
I realized 2 things from this metamorphosis.
#1: taking a picture of yourself is extremely difficult. you never look good, and in fact look quite silly. the best thing is to pose silly to go along with your feelings.
#2: my hairdresser didn't quite get me to the chocolate-brown color I wanted to match my chocolate taste. however, she told me it was a multi-step "process" to not be a blonde. Funny.... I was thinking the same thing~ the realization that i'm not really a blonde took some processing, too.








4 comments:
i love the new look ... the bangs are so cute too ... and the color is perfect!
oh and i like the new look of your blog too!
Love it!!! You look amazing as always.
Love it!!
I finally figured out how to leave a comment on your blog today! I don't know why that was so confusing, but I'm thrilled that I can now:) I just love reading it! You are such a great writer Liz! I'm loving the new hair! It's beautiful!! Sylish!! So you!! Happy early 30:) Hope GA is treating you well!! As we've said earlier, I'd love to meet up when I come back home to GA. It will not be until Feb, but I think I'll be there for 2 weeks then, so hope it works out:)
Post a Comment