
They looked beautiful. Michelle's dress was absolutely stunning. So gorgeous with lace and silk - it was perfect for the island. The bridesmaids wore a bright blue. Everyone looked awesome.
This was Derek and I's first southern wedding. They do things a bit different than we do up north. We were standing outside of the church after it was over, waiting for the bride and groom to make their appearance so we could cheer and clap. No bubbles, bells, or rice or anything... I didn't really think anything of it. Then my neighbor, Lo, (who is DEFINITELY a sweet Southern Belle) said, "Ya'll can leave. They won't be coming out for you to cheer. That's a Northern thing ya'll do. They actually won't come out until we're all gone."
Oh. Derek and I got into our car. First wedding we'd ever been to like that. Usually, up north, wishing them off after the wedding is a big deal. I actually like it the way they do it down here - just going and seeing everyone at the reception. So, we headed off to the reception.
It was so beautiful - outside in a pavilion that overlooked the ocean. Just breath taking. The food was just as much to rave about. Everything from prime rib to pasta, Italian wild mushroom risotto to organic tomatoes and mozzarella, shrimp.... and more! The cakes (yes, that is plural) were outstanding. Michelle did a great job all with the details, of course:
And our friends were there, too! It was nice to share an evening with everyone. Here's just a couple of them....
And us, of course.
(this is me, "pasty white" as Derek calls it. Luckily, a tan was achieved later.
Again, Michelle and Sam Wade... thank you so much for including us on your special day. We loved being there!








1 comment:
I Love your Hair and the Flower in it - So Pretty!!! And the flowers/decor looks amazing :)
Post a Comment