bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

22 weeks

I have been super busy the last few weeks.  That is NOT an excuse (well.... it is kinda actually).  I realized I have 1 belly picture.  1.  How terrible.  The first pregnancy I had one at every month.  

I try not to compare this pregnancy with Bianca's.  It seems like this time I feel like I'm "neglecting" poor baby.  Derek does not like when I say that.  He feels bad, too, I guess.  Last time I used to listen to soothing music, do Yoga, take relaxing walks, lube the belly several times a day.... just relax.  This time 'round it's only Elmo songs, bouncing and carrying Big Sister, exhausting walks pushing a stroller in 100 degree weather, and crashing within minutes of hitting the pillow.  Not to mention this poor kid's gotta deal with me swinging 3rd shift 7pm-7am 3 nights a week.  Poor thing.  

But Baby #2 is coming along as scheduled!  He/She had the half-way ultrasound last week.  Baby looks as healthy as can be!  Yeah for that!  I did NOT find out what is in there (for all of you wondering.....).  The ultrasound tech was SO good about not using pronouns and no facial expressions.  I think not finding out what the sex of the baby is has really helped me to focus on what is really important: healthy baby and relaxed family.  There is no stress about making sure things are "perfect" for the baby.  No need to "hurry up" and get extras, clothes, change the nursery, etc. I'm just able to focus on other things.  We honestly don't care what God blesses us with - as long as baby #2 is just as happy and healthy as baby #1 was!  I think I am leaning towards girl and D is leaning towards boy.  I guess it's because I just can't imagine having a little boy.  Before I could never imagine having a little girl.  Now I think about "girl trips" and "girls nights" and princess parties.  Derek is probably thinking about boy trucks and buying Caterpillar play gear.  Either way, this baby will be loved.

At night, Derek and I often take time to be together.  We chat about things and just "be".  This is when the baby moves the most.  Derek will put his hand on my belly and soak it in.  He loves it.  He gets so excited, saying, "Oh hi baby!  Oh I feel it!  This is your daddy!  I love you so much!"  It is the cutest thing ever.  It never gets old to him or me.  

this is a pretty good depiction of our "quite time".  here is in living room, staring at a mess of toys and the enormous Elmo balloon that has survived almost a month.  

belly around 21 weeks. 



2 comments:

Abbey and Jon said...

all Belly :) Beautiful Post!

kinze said...

yea ... just rolled in from up north and a new post from you popped up ... love it and love your belly!