bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Up to speed

Well, I've been lacking in my posts.  Yes, it's true.  Seems the bigger Bianca gets, the less time and more demands she has.  It's so funny ~ I think back to the days when she was smaller and it seemed I had so much more free time.  At least I could put her down somewhere and go to another room without her drawing all over the walls.  I was more rested, had my head on straight, the house was always clean, dinners cooked to perfection.... now.... there's no time to spare!  When she is awake, I have to be there pretty much the entire time to supervise or there's no telling what could happen.  Then, when she takes her nap for the day - I'm either so exhausted I have to lay down or I have too much computer work/cleaning/things to do.

These are the demands EVERY mother meets.  It's crazy.  The fatigue, the exhaustion, the planning of fun events.  I remember my mother telling me when I was pregnant, "Enjoy this time cause once they're here, everyday of your life is for them.  Not one is for you."  It's been almost two years..... and I definitely know what she was talking about.  I think it has taken about a year or so for me to really realize all that is involved.  Maybe because the demands (at least for my child) have grown moreso in the last 6 months than they have in her little life span thus far.

And now there's #2.  Oh boy.  Oh girl.  Whichever.  

Oh my.... my doorbell just rang.  It's the UPS man.  HOW DARE HE!!!  It's the middle of nap time.... I may just have to open my door and yell at him, "Excuse me... do you know you just woke up my baby? Why don't YOU come in here and watch her for the next hour I was supposed to have had off???!!!"

Let's see how long this post really goes on for.  Probably not too long.......

But, to get you up to speed.... here's what has kept us so busy!


Bianca had a play "date" with her boy Julian.  He's simply adorable.  He got all dressed up for the day - and even brought flowers (that ended up shredded, all over the house!)  
Photobucket

Photobucket
Julian brought along his mom, Harper, and his grandma, Monica.  Monica is from Germany originally, and sang German songs to the kids.  Bianca was MESMERIZED by the neat language.   Photobucket
And one of the songs came with a tickle.... B begged for it over and over! Photobucket

Then, I hosted our neighborhood women's gathering.  It used to be a book club, until none of us had time to read.  Now, my husband calls it a "wine club."
Next time you have water, put some basil and watermelon in it.  a-m-a-z-i-n-g Photobucket
hosting gives me a reason to shop at Whole Foods and buy expensive cheese without feeling bad.  delish! Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
white ceviche and crab salad.  perfect for the hot weather. Photobucket
Of course, I failed to get a picture of the strawberry "shortcake" cake that took me 3 hours to make.  we ate it too fast.  But my... it was yummy.

We do a lot of dress up these days.  Bianca digs my summer hat I wear constantly.  I'm still nauseated every time I'm out in the sun.
Photobucket
We both have been eating a lot of Oreos.  Seems to be the thing of this pregnancy.  Bianca is a fan as well. Photobucket
Stickers are a big deal these days. Photobucket

Photobucket
Water tables or the pool is a must every night. Photobucket
We've done some shopping (gotta stay cool and indoors, right?!)  Here's some new jewels I found for B's summer shoes.  The bee and Thomas Train are old, but Mickey and Lil Miss Sunshine are newbies.  
Photobucket
We buzz to the park some mornings before it gets too hot.
Photobucket
She digs the slide. Photobucket
and the ducks Photobucket
We frequent the library about once a week, sometimes twice. Photobucket
and she tries to keep cool.   Photobucket

Photobucket
oh yeah.... and we paint our nails Photobucket

Photobucket

THAT'S IT!  NOW YOU'RE UP TO SPEED ON OUR AUGUST DOG DAYS OF SUMMER.


I'M NOT KIDDING... THE UPS MAN IS GOING TO GET IT!  

2 comments:

Abbey and Jon said...

Love the Post - Love Miss B's pictures...she's is so pretty and getting so big! - Shoot, I hope I wasnt the reason for the UPS guy :) - Wished I lived closer.....

kinze said...

fun post ... can i come to the next wine club ... oh i mean book club?! and miss B is growing growing growing what happened to our babies?!