I can't believe October has already come to an end. Where did the time go? Bianca had a great month - her birthday, lots of visitors, Halloween. We even went up north to the Ellijay apple orchards. It was a long drive, but very beautiful foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. It was a rainy and cold 45 degree day, but we tried to make the most of it.
And as October ended, we look forward to November. Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday of the year. I love family, friends, and food. This Thanksgiving will be extra special - as another edition to our family will soon come. How appropriate the little one's due date is actually Thanksgiving, November 24th?! And this day also happens to be my birthday and Grandma Shirley's birthday.
Things are starting to progress, I can tell. I had a doctor appointment last week and I'm dilated, the head is down, and my cervix is effaced. Baby measures a bit bigger than the due date. I've dropped a ton and I have been having a little more than just "Braxton Hicks" contractions for about the last 2-3 days. They have been slightly painful and radiating from my lower abdomen into my back. I'm still working 3 nights a week at the hospital. I think sleep deprivation is probably the worse feeling right now. Being uncomfortable and not able to sleep on a regular schedule is one thing, but being uncomfortable and having to rotate between 1st and 3rd shift is about unbearable. I find all my "free time" (Bianca's nap time) I spend laying down and trying to rest. I've always felt guilty for doing this - like I should be cleaning or cooking or something more productive. But I think baby appreciates it:)
Derek and I are a bit still baffled by the sex of the baby. It's really starting to get us anxious to meet the little one. I'm just dying to know what it is. I think when you don't know the gender, it makes it a little harder to envision another baby in the household. I am still slightly panicked about having a boy - I feel like I won't know what to do... let alone not having "boy" clothes and toys for him to play with! But either way, we feel so blessed and so lucky to have another Cisel Baby!!!


2 comments:
I cant wait...think every day, is the phone call going to come today?!?! And I am beyond excited to find out the gender of the baby! Either way, everything will work out beautifully!
Also - Love the Pumpkin Patch Pictures....Bianca is such an adorable little lady!
I kinda hope it is a boy so you can borrow all of Griffin's clothes and then I won't feel so guilty for him having so many that were never worn! plus, everyone should experience getting pee'd on at 3am, haha!
Post a Comment