bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Beijing, baby!

We have BIG news in the Cisel household.

We are moving.

Oh, but not just your regular, domestic-lower-48-states, English-speaking move.  OH, no.  We are really moving.  Like across the world.

Beijing, baby!

Derek was offered a wonderful opportunity for a promotion in Beijing, China.  After careful thinking and consideration, we have decided to take it.  

We just can't wait.  At first we were a bit nervous, hesitant maybe..... but now we're rearing to go!  We can't wait to start our lives in a new land with new ways of life.  We are blessed and thrilled!  We should be there for 2-3 years.  Derek hopes to be moved there in April.


I'm working on making a new blog to document everything about our experiences in Beijing, from our acceptance of moving to our daily lives.  It will be a different blog than this - I want to keep this blog mainly for updates about the kiddos.  In the meantime, visit my new friend's blog, Katharine.  She has been living in China for over a year now.  She is actually from Atlanta, Georgia (maybe the world isn't so small, afterall!), and has great insight about what life is really like over there.  Her latest blog post actually features a bunch'a questions I emailed her.  Check it out.  Pretty soon I hope to have my Beijing blog up and running, but it's a work in progress.  (we're a little busy here now!)

3 comments:

Abbey and Jon said...

Sad that you all are leaving...but happy and excited for this wonderful opportunity for you and your beautiful little family! I bet the time will go fast once you get settled....Loved reading your friend's blog!!! XXX

Alison Myers said...

Whoa! What an opportunity! Can't wait to read more about this new adventure life is throwing your way. Congratulations! :)

Lisa said...

Hi Liz! Congrats on your beautiful family!!! Your girls are beautiful!!! What an exciting journey you have ahead of you... I can't wait to read more! Keeping you and your family in my prayers for safe travel and a wonderful chinese experience!