If you don't know the story of Alice, then most of this probably won't make much sense so I'll try to describe some things.
B handed out invitations to all her friends. The invitation also included a DVD of the movie Alice in Wonderland so everyone could start watching it a couple weeks prior to coming. You can get DVDs here for about $2 and since I bought in bulk, I got an even sweeter deal.
The invitation:
Follow the red arrows to find the rabbit:
Again, missing the camera. But you can see I had tons of streamers in the vestibule area, followed up with pom pons.
This is a tea-party-hat making station. The kids got to design and glue the hats they wanted to wear and take home.
after:
Don't step on the Mome Raths! These are little creatures from the movie. I copied them and hot-glued two pencils together, gave them eyes, and crazy hair. The kids got to pick their new pet!
Look!!! A talking flower!!!
You can't see everything, but there are little Nutella/Jelly sandwiches cut out in the shapes of tea cups with a sign that says "Eat Me" on the top. We had coffee and tea for the parents, juice for the kiddos. Also "proper" (in my best English accent!) biscuits and jelly, crackers, veggies and dip, and of course.... red rose cupcakes!
The cupcakes were given to each mommy to take home to enjoy.
And personalized "tea cups" for all the kiddies drinks. They loved them!
I swear... if I can't get my camera fixed by Vivi's birthday, I'll be so upset! This blurry pic is all I have to show for the dining area:
The best part of everything: the cake. It looked AND tasted amazing! I was so happy! The fresh flower rose assortments were lovely.
Don't ask: NO.... I did not make the cake. I'm a momma who likes to put my personal touches on everything at the party EXCEPT the cake. I did design it, but someone else did the grunt work. It looks exactly like the picture I gave the bakery to replicate.
The sun room (before) the chaos.
The
I drew this and made the mouth "stickable" so kids could pin the smile while being blindfolded.
The flower garden. Kids got to "pull" out a flower.
The take-home "thank you" bags. They included an Alice coloring book (CARS for the boys), a halloween candle you can "blow" out, stickers, and all the other treats they got while coming for Bianca's 3rd birthday.
It really was a great day for Bianca. She loved having all of her friends to her house. She had over 20 of her friends, and only 2 of them were American. It was so cool to have so many different nationalities under our roof at once. Bianca loved being Alice and having a special day. So much, in fact, that she wants to wear her Alice dress everyday.



No comments:
Post a Comment