bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 19, 2014

R-O-C-K in the USA

Since I've already touched a bit on the Luau party hosted for us when we were back, I figured I will go ahead and talk about a couple of other parties our lovely family hosted.

Which is way more fun than painting chevron stripes.... which is what I did this morning.  I love when you are in the middle of a paint project and you find out you won't be living in that house by the end of the year.  Makes me want to stop half wall.....


Anyways, my adorable sister-in-law, Abbey (Derek's one and only sis) was so kind as to host a get together for a couple of our Chicago friends at her beautiful home.  We loved seeing everyone.

The Dearies hold a special place in our hearts as we used to work/live/play together when we all lived in Atlanta.  They have since moved to Chicago so they stopped by to see us.  We were so happy they spent their afternoon with us in Chicago!








Ken is Derek's best friend from college.  They had a lot of fun out on the town the night before our cookout.  They got to catch up over a Cubs game and night in Chicago.




And while yes - Derek and Ken are best friends.... his wife, Erin, and I happen to be good friends, too! We get along great and love catching up with each other.  Comparing life with 2 boys and life with 2 girls is fun.

HUGE thanks to Jon for cooking

 and Abbey for hosting!  We are so grateful.


AND special thanks to this lil guy!  He was a perfect host and shared his toys brilliantly!


We had another cookout on Derek's side before he left.  His mom and dad hosted his grandparents, aunts, and uncle to an afternoon cookout.  It was so great to see everyone together.  I can't wait until we move back and can do things like this more often!




It is so awesome to see everyone when we come back over the summer.  Please know you are always in our thoughts and prayers.  Hope to see you all again this summer, God willing.  And special thanks again to the hosts!

1 comment:

Abbey and Jon said...

Oh how I wish we could get together every week :)