bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

My Husband

What a weekend!  For those of you who don't know, I work weekends as an RN in an Emergency Department at a hospital here in Atlanta.  It can sure be tiring, but I do love working.  I miss Bianca a lot when I'm away for 13+ hours, but it's good for her to have daddy/daughter time, too.  


That's right, when I'm off at work, my husband, Derek, is the one who watches Bianca.  I know some people have never left their child alone with their husband, or maybe have only been able to get away for an hour or two.  I leave my hubby and baby alone together for an entire day and evening.  Derek looks forward to these days.  He does an amazing job.  He doesn't complain or get worried - he loves his time with her.  I am in a bookclub with some good female friends in my neighborhood.  One of these girls is going to be in Vancouver for over a month for the Olympics. Yesterday, when I was at work, the girls hosted a "going away" party for her before she departs to Canada.  Of course, I couldn't go, but my husband took Bianca and went himself in my stead.  What a great guy (and yes....he was the only guy).  


I just wanted to take a day to recognize how wonderful my hubby really is.  He lets me have my moments of insanity and doesn't complain.  He lets me keep a job outside of the home.  He gives me personal time to take a bath every night.  I always post how great my baby girl is, but I'd have to say it's because she sure is a lot like her daddy!




1 comment:

Crystal Schaub said...

Derek is awesome!! I'm so happy you have such an amazing family. Miss you!