bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, May 7, 2010

Little Baby Wood

Another coworker, another baby! It's been a big joke at work - "Don't drink the water down in the ER.... you'll get pregnant!" A friend and coworker, Deb, had her baby Sophia last week. Sophia - what a BEAUTIFUL name. Derek and I wanted to use this name ourselves, but "Sophia Cisel" is quite a mouthful if you say it 3 times - or actually....even just once is enough to realize. Anyways, Deb had 5 hour labor very similar to mine. However, Deb worked ALL DAY the day (and the day before) she gave birth. She was out in triage from 7a-7p. I took over for her at 7p and she said, "Gosh, I've been having a lot of cramping and pressure." I assured her that was totally normal and to go home and rest up. She had a big week ahead of her - she was going to be induced. Two hours later she called me from home, saying she had progressed and could barely take the pain, and there was blood. "YOU'RE IN LABOR!!!" I shouted. She came into the hospital and baby Sophia was here hours later. What a champ. Seriously, I don't know anyone who could go through a 12-hour shift, and then come back in and give birth in the same 24-hours. Yikes. Sounds terrible. Deb handled it. Did I also mention her baby was almost 9 pounds??? Double Yikes.

Well, she's home now. She and baby Sophia and husband Rodney seem to be doing great. They have a beautiful home and now a beautiful baby to go in it. I have never met a newborn who stayed awake for my entire visit and photographing. She didn't want to miss a thing. She eats, and eats, and eats! But she's just sooooooo cute!!!!!...... take a peak.......






A special thanks for letting me come over and see the baby, snap some photos, and say hello!!!

No comments: