I'm fore-warning you.... this is going to be a long one. At least I've finally put music to go with my reads. Put your feet up!
I think every family needs someone who is the "grounder." Someone who goes out of their way to make sure there is gathering, togetherness, continuity. If you don't have this "grounder," you will not remain close. I'm sorry to say, it's true. You must have this person. Otherwise, get-to-gethers are non-existent and cumbersome.
Unfortunately, these "grounders" are the most unnoticed people. Why? Because they point out all the good in everyone - but themselves. Because they are always so dang worried about making everyone else feel so good - they don't stop to realize they have done so much good. Because they have spent their whole lives worrying about everyone else and making sure everyone else knows how appreciated they are - the people around them forget to stop and thank them for what they have done. Because instead of worrying about themselves or how much time or money they have spent on others, they go broke emotionally and would spend every penny to make their loved ones happy (forget about yourself!) . So this post is dedicated to our Donnelly Family Grounder.........
Pammy
When I came home last weekend and Bianca was baptized..... of course.... Pammy was excited to open her "river house" and celebrate the blessed day, as well as Derek and my visit back to Illinois. She has a BEAUTIFUL river house with my other uncle (her brother), Michael. It's amazing.
Like I said earlier in my post, we have many never-been-better family memories. Wisconsin. We would go every summer. Grandma Bert (who lived next to Aunt Pam and there was a path dug in the grass for Pammy's daily walks over to take care of her mother..... another post!) every year took all her kids and grandkids to Wisconsin Dells. Pammy loved it. She always said she dreamed of having a house on the water. Relaxing, just hearing the water. To be back in those days.
She's got it.
I mean it. This place is seriously paradise. It's beautiful. It's clean. It's brand new. It's home. It's vacation. It's decorated like a Coastal Living magazine. You can sit on the deck and hear the water.
It's Pammy
Pammy, you deserve a pat-on-the-back. And while not enough people read this blog for you to get the REAL recognition you get.... just know - you've got it here. With me. And I can honestly say that knowing you makes me want to be a better person. And if you can do that to 1 person in your lifetime.... you've made an accomplishment and living in a way Christ would want you to live.
so you've done it
And I'm going to try my hardest to live that way, too. And just know...... I want to be a grounder, too. I don't know if I can fill your shoes or live that unselfishly, but I'll sure try.
Now, let's dry those eyes (cause I know you.... and you're teary-eyed right now) and look at those pics you begged me not to post of you. When I asked you if I could put some pics of the River House up, you said, "Just no pics of me." Sorry, Pammy, but you are all over all these pics. You are in every smile.






thanks for making memories, Pammy





























5 comments:
What a beautiful, perfect post! Pam has definitely been an inspiration to me. We are blessed to have such lovely person in our lives!
Thanks for commenting! I am hoping she reads these comments and realizes just how many people she touches!!!
Pam is truly a wonderful person!! I'm very thankful to have her as a friend!! Great pictures Liz & a great tribute to our dear Pammy!!!
Great post,pics & music Liz!! (I shouldn't have read this at work...tear tear.)Pam is by far the most caring & generous person I know. Love her to pieces!
Liz, you are well on your way to being the next grounder :) Thank you for always staying in/and keeping us in the loop when we fall behind...can you come back and take Christmas pics!!! Oh and my mom does rock!
Post a Comment