Wednesday morning my neighbor, Michelle, invited me over for coffee. She had said something about eats, too, but it didn't really matter if she had food. Good company and decaf works for me! But, to my amazement.... there was food. And I have now found my ultimate craving of this pregnancy.
PUMPKIN PANCAKES
These were delicious, people. I'd have to venture to say "the best" pancakes I have ever had. Call it hormones, but I LOVED them. They were amazing.
And it had been a while since I'd seen Michelle. I really missed her. She had some neat, new wedding things, too. Like these adorable mugs from Anthro. And the eclectic green syrup thingy (lack of better words) was more than I could take.
Did I mention the biscotti??? I don't want it feeling over-shadowed by the pancakes. Michelle makes homemade biscotti like it's nobody's business.
She made these little mounds of heaven I devoured on her nifty new griddle, too. Which... I now must have. (take note, hubby) Maybe this was another reason why they tasted oh so yummy. Why did I not register for things like this???
After eating like I've never eaten before, I headed off to grab "A" cupcake. I say this in a humorous way, but really - I'm serious. We have our family photos tomorrow and the photographer mentioned it might be a good idea to bring "props" or something yummy for Bianca to eat at the end of the shoot that would make a cute pic. The girl LOVES cupcakes and asks for them everyday (what girl doesn't) - so I decided to splurge and get the most adorable cupcake I could find. We have a new store down the road called CamiCakes so I went there. Big mistake. Maybe I had subconsciously went there thinking I would buy "A" (one, uno, solo) cupcake, but that didn't happen. Look at these beauties.....
What normal person who's NOT pregnant could avoid these? And they were "only" $2.50 a cupcake. This is actually a really good deal - cause most cupcake stores I've been in are around $3-5 and the cupcakes are a joke. Meaning.... they are "normal" sized. These beauties had WAY more frosting than most and one was enough to feed two appropriately-proportioned eaters (present company writing this is not appropriately-proportioned in her servings these days).
Moving on. Yes, it was a good-eats day for Liz.
After church this week, I decided to stop by a newly discovered play area. It was still pretty early in the day so the sun is killing my poor iPhone camera. I gotta start packing my Cannon everywhere I go.
she almost insists on wearing jewelry if I have some on
the slides are VERY wet. you can't tell here, but they really took a toll on her pants
here it is, the wet bottom. poor thing. i had to go to the grocery store afterwards. she didn't seem to mind.



1 comment:
yum i want a cupcake now! and i can't wait to see your family pics ... you guys rock!
Post a Comment