bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Visitors & Updates

Lots of things have been going on lately.  It seems everyone is so crazy busy right now - I'm not alone!  So... maybe you have been too busy to check my blog and haven't noticed I've been slacking on updating.  (here's hoping!)

First off, you probably didn't notice if you are a regular viewer, but I've decided to make my blog open to public again.  I had closed it for a short time, wanting to keep out a few bad seeds (ok, maybe just one bad seed in particular).  However, it seems making a blog private makes it very difficult for family and friends to view. I have had grandparents, aunts, and cousins having issues viewing.  This is NOT what I intended for our blog!  The whole point is to keep everyone updated with our ever-so-changing lives, so I've decided to make public.  Welcome back.

Secondly, we are pushing for fall around here.  The weather down in the south is a-m-a-z-i-n-g!  I'd been praying and hoping God would blow a little cold front our way.  I am typing this with a fall candle lit, my windows and porch door wide open, and tortilla soup brewing on the stove.  Simply divine.  Thank you for answering my prayers!

And oh.... bunches more news.  But first - we interrupt this news broadcast for a special grandparent visit.  Miss Bianca had a treat last week - Grandma Dee and Papa came to town.  It was just going to be my mom coming to visit, until my dad got wind and heard mom had not bought him a plane ticket.  That didn't work for him.  So, he got a ticket last minute to come see his babies and spend a few days "relaxing" with all of us.

We did lots 'o stuff.  I think the best part was going to Centennial Park one morning and watching Bianca run around and play.  Well - I got to sit and watch.  The grandparents were in charge of running around and keeping up with the B.  It was very, very hot.
Photobucket


 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ah.... the fountains at Centennial Olympic Park are cool, even on a hot summer day (courtesy of Good Night, Atlanta!)
Photobucket

Photobucket



Then, one day we ventured to Cabbage Patch Babyland in Cleveland, Georgia, to see how Cabbage Patches are "born."  My family has always been big Cabbage Patch fans.  My mom and dad still like to tell the story where they "stood in line for HOURS while Christmas shopping," just go get that special doll I had growing up.  They really are a great way to teach kids how to be motherly and soft.  Anyways, this was more like an over-grown gift shop than anything -  but it was fun.  We got to see a "birth" of a cabbage patch doll.  Kinda creepy, I'll admit.  "Mother Cabbage" was 10 leaves dilated and got an "easiotomy" by an LNP (Licensed Patch Nurse).  I was cracking up at some of the stuff they said.  Bianca was kinda scared of all the patches.
 
Photobucket
   
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
Here's the picture of the ultrasound of the baby to be born.  It shows pink or blue lights - pink for girls and blue for boys.  This baby was pink.  Could it be an omen????......
Photobucket
Bianca, slightly weireded-out:
Photobucket

She really dug the play stuff:
Photobucket

Photobucket



Overall, it was a great visit!  Thanks again, so much, mom and dad.  We love having you visit.  You really helped me out - I'm not moving too fast these days! 
Photobucket

So, moving on with news.  If you have forgotten, I am pregnant.  Sometimes I forget until I realize I'm already tipping the scales and I've been hosting Olympic Soccer Trials in my belly.  I'll do an updated belly pic later this week (I can't do it all in one post, people!).  Actually... truth is cause I'm getting my hair "did" later this week and I'm slightly embarrassed at the situation we have on "root" right now.  I'll also have more to blog about with baby at the end of the week.  I see the doctor this week and I'm officially in the last trimester.  Yeah!  I keep telling myself... 10 weeks of work left.  Actually, I think I'm down to 9 now.  

This baby is supposed to be coming around Thanksgiving but I have a feeling it won't stay cooking that long.  We'll see.  Braxton Hicks are occurring all the time and I feel like I'm going to explode.  My belly is much bigger this go-round.  My mother ever-so-politely said, "Hum... I'm not quite sure where you think you're going to put it for another 3 months."  Meaning = "Your belly is really big.  How much further do you think it's going to stretch?"  We'll see.  Eviction notice before 3 more months, anyways.  But all-in-all, life is good and pregnancy is great.

So, I leave you for now with some cute lil pics of my first born....

   
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Abbey and Jon said...

Your first born is AWFUL cute....she is one precious little thing...cant wait for the next one to arrive....are you already in your last trimester...WOW - crazy...and as an Auntie - I am just overjoyed and EXCITED for that peanut to arrive - I think its a BOY :) Anyways, love the park pictures - glad your parents came in for a visit...how wonderful! And the cabbage patch factory - beyond cute....I had a few too..... Love you all!!!

kinze said...

the cabbage patch factory is crazy ... i never knew such a thing existed ... i was never fortunate enough to have a cabbage patch doll growing up :( guess my parents weren't as excited to wait in a long line for one ... so consider yourself very lucky! i don't know if i more excited to see your belly or your new hair ... both so exciting! love it all!

Anonymous said...

Such cute pics of B and your parents...Yes I remember the Cabbage Patch dolls..Uncle Gus got two for Xmas the first year they came out, of course that was before we had Krystal, after that they were and still are hers. Take care and give B a kiss for me.

The Cisel's said...

Aunt Debbie... if you still have those dolls... they are worth some major $!!! My - such good parents we have!