bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 7, 2011

All Aboard!

With Bianca's birthday just a couple weeks away, I'm scrambling to finish party details.  This year's fest will be MUCH MORE scaled down.  Between me being 36 weeks pregnant at the party, a tight budget set by Mr. Cisel, and the over-the-top last year party - I have to scale down.  

Trains are the theme this year.  Choo-choos in particular.  Bianca seems to be obsessed with them at this point in her little life.  Probably by the time of the party, she'll have moved on to Mickey or Dora or whomever.... but for now we're going with the trains.  

Scaling down does not mean lowering standards!  It just means more work.  For me, mostly.  Here's some of my inspiration......
invite:

envelope:


 can i make something like this???... we'll see!

for me, cake is the most important feature.  however, I don't like fondant (and neither does the budget) so it won't look quite like this....
(my dream cake)
but rather something like this (better on the pocketbook):

Even though trains aren't exactly "girlie,".... this is the party princess outfit.

and while I'd LOVE to have something like this for the kiddos....

I'll probably have something more like this:

There will just be a couple lil ones coming, anyways.  I'm keeping the total count lower.... And guess what- B will be the only girl:( (another reason to have a train theme..... princesses and tutus just wouldn't work this year).  

Well, there's a little teaser for the upcoming festivities!  Stay tuned for more!


2 comments:

Abbey and Jon said...

Beyond Cute and Creative...LOVE IT!!! Wish Joey could be there :( makes me sad....but looks like you are gearing up for a fantastic party!!!

Nick Grogan said...

Liv & Lucy will be there in mind, we'll show them all the pics!!