bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Big Girl Bed

After much hesitation, we moved Miss Bianca into a toddler bed this week.  I did not want to do it.  I won't lie.  The thought of her being able to get up in the middle of the night and have a "play session" in her room, or be able to walk into our room, and/or walk to the baby's crib makes me a bit nervous.  But, our little was was attempting to lift herself out of her crib and the risk for falling was too great.  So, onto the big girl bed we went.

I chose a small toddler bed simply because of room size, price, and wanting to wait to get her all new furniture someday when we move.  IKEA had what I thought were the cutest beds - not to mention $ friendly.  The linens are all from IKEA, too.  Derek and I had a "Cisel Team Building" night last week and we spent an evening putting the bed together and reminiscing about how our little girl is growing up.  I teared up.... it was emotional for this momma.  

Bianca had a great first night.  We were shocked.  We put her in bed at her normal time and within 10 minutes she was snoring.  She never woke up/got up all night.  She did GREAT!  But.... at 6:30am..... we had a knocker at our bedroom door.  I just put her down for naptime and had to tell her twice to stay in bed, but I hear her sucking her thumb so I'm sure she's out.  What a good big girl!

We wanted to share with friends and family what the big reveal was like:

She keeps wanting to go upstairs and lay/look at the bed.  She really loves it.  When I ask her if she wants to go back in the crib, she says, "Noooooooo!"  I guess maybe it was mommy who was not ready to get her out of the crib.  Bianca seems to be doing fine without it.  Guess sometimes we mommas aren't ready for the babies to grow up.

3 comments:

Abbey and Jon said...

You cant get any cuter! I loved her reading in bed :) You did a great job at picking out the bed and sheets - LOVE THEM :) Didnt know Ikea had a child's line. Perfect for the space :) They grow up too quickly...we put the cradle swing away yesterday :(

kinze said...

aw .. love her excitement!

The Schaub's said...

Brez watched and giggled watching B...cute!