bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Nursery

Well, I keep getting asked about seeing the nursery! It's about time I post some pics. We still have some odds and ends to finish, but mostly everything is done. Here's what we have so far:

This is what you see when you look into the room from the door. The walls are now light green (used to be brown - D and his dad spent hours painting to cover it up). You can't see in this pic, but Derek and his dad put up a ceiling fan, too. The pink rug really makes a difference I think.

We put a wall sticker above the crib that says "All of God's grace in one little face". The tissue balls hanging from the ceiling I found & made at Michael's. The little birdie house in the corner is felt - the top lifts off and it's a storage container. I found it at Pottery Barn Outlet.

We love the recliner chair and ottoman. The curtains I made with two different types of fabric - the bottom part of the curtains are black & white houndstooth which matches the bedding fabric. I tied the tops of the curtains with green ribbon. We are using the crib blanket as a drape over the chair.

This is the original dresser we had with the guest room furniture. We will put a changing pad on top of it eventually. I love the wall hangings. They are hung by a black ribbon.

This is kind of a random diaper holder I made from a wire garden box with fabrics and flower.

A corner of the room. The flowers on the baseboard are wall stickers from Michael's. I love the little froggy (he's sitting at the bottom of the crib) Susan picked out. The flower hanging on the closet door has pegs so I put one of her many outfits on display - it matches the room! The hamper in the corner I just love. We have kind of a birdie/flower theme going on.

This is kid of a hodgepodge of things I found/made. The cross says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above." I made the birdie board that will hold pics of family/baby. Don't ask what the multiple B stands for - just assume "baby" or "birdie"!

This is the bedding. We don't have the mattress yet. The bedding is black, white, pink, and green. Love it!

Again, this girl is already fully clothed for 1+ years. The grandmas do a good job!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby Cisel is one lucky little girl!!! You guys did an awesome job on her room! I can't wait to meet her!

kinze said...

Love the bedding!!

Anonymous said...

The room screams girl...and Liz! You have put a lot of love in creating this baby oasis. I can't wait to see it in person. How's the first weekend in December looking for you guys? :-)I miss you!
-Melinda