Since I'm getting closer to the push day, I've been experiencing a few "unpleasant" feelings. Mainly, sciatica. This is terrible pain that starts on the left side of my lower back and shoots down through my left hip into my thigh. It is unbelievable - like my nerve is actually being electrocuted! I'll be sitting on the couch and need to get up to go to the bathroom, but I know the minute I stand I'll get "shocked" with this feeling and it makes me not want to move. It's not there all the time. Today I spent a good part of the day in the pool swimming and doing exercises to try to get the baby to reposition - OFF my sciatic nerve!
So....bookclub was last night and the girls came over. It was such a fun evening and everyone seemed to love the nursery. We are the first couple in the neighborhood group to have a baby, so it was fun to see everyone looking at everything. We are also blessed to have a Midwife in our neighborhood. I asked her if she could tell if baby was head down or not. She said she was! However, she also told us that baby can switch positions pretty easily until week 33, so there's a chance she could move again. I'm staying positive and hoping she stays head down....which is probably why my back has been hurting - she's preparing for birth and getting into position which puts pressure down there. That made me feel a bit better about the sciatica - I'll take that pain as long as she's in the proper birthing position!


No comments:
Post a Comment