bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

3 Month Milestones

I can't believe it.  She's 3 months old.  I actually feel a little sad writing that!  Time is flying by already.  I told Derek last night, "Do you remember when we used to talk about having kids....and NOW look at us!" I feel like we are the luckiest people alive.

Today I took Bianca to get her 3-month photos.  I got to Sears early for the 10am appointment.  Then, the photographer said, "Um.....can I get your name?"  "Cisel!  Here for our 3-month photos," I energetically reply.  "I'm sorry.  We tried calling you.  Our cameras were recently stolen."  I just stood there, dumbfounded.  "So you can't take any photos at all?"  Of course, it was one dumb question.  I was just so aggravated to have gotten Bianca all dressed up (dress, tights, the whole 9-yards), packed 2 other outfits, fed, napped, and to the mall by 10am all to find out the appointment was a "no go."  Granted, it was Sears.  However, we have a VERY nice camera, I've even taken photography classes, and I would totally take her photos myself, except that I don't have studio lights.  I was half tempted to ask just to use their lights!  I left Sears and booked with another company - The Picture People - tomorrow.  Hopefully their cameras don't get stolen.

On a happier note, Bianca is 3 months today!  Here are her milestones:

  • Can easily do tummy time for 20+ minutes, with her head held up very high and turning side to side.
  • Drools like no tomorrow.
  • Able to smile and interact so much more.
  • Ticklish under her chin.
  • Loves bath time.
  • Has discovered her hands and loves looking at them, studying them in amazement.
  • Typically has 1-2 major blowouts a day - involving a change of outfits/onesies.
  • Does not like to nap and will not follow a nap schedule.
  • Sleeps about 9 hours every night.
  • Likes to suck her thumb - usually the left but she'll take whichever is available!
  • Kind of starting to be a mommy's girl - cries when I put her down or hand her over to someone else.
  • Prefers to be breastfed from me at night - will refuse nighttime bottles from others.
  • Would sit by herself in her crib or wherever and stare at objects or play by herself for hours if I would let her.
  • So excited to shop - I can't hardly get her to nap at the mall.
  • Daddy calls her "Nosey Nelly" because she has to be looking around at everything.
  • Cries at every stoplight or drive-thru.  The minute the car starts to move, she stops crying.   
  • Looks good in everything (of course we think so!) but especially dark colors - red, deep pink, etc. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LIZZZZZZ!!!! Take that baby's photos yourself!! You do not need studio lights!! Sit that little sweetie in front of a window with some soft light and/or go outside... and snap a few!! You'll love the sentimental value WAYYYYY more than anything you'll get from a studio!!

Hudson's 6 month photos were my first attempt at taking photos -- they are awful, but I loooooove them so much!!

Plus -- they're free!!

Erin said...

Who steals cameras from Sears!?!? Sorry you went through all the trouble...it will all work out :-) So good to see you are all doing great and Little B is so beautiful and developing just wonderful!
Love,
Erin