What was once snow has turned to ice. We have inches of ice covering roads. Interstates are still shut down. No mail has come for days. Of course, that doesn't really matter.... cause it's too icy to even walk to the mailbox! If you are lucky enough to be able to get your car out of your driveway, you don't get too far. I thought today I would attempt to go to the grocery store. I have a BIG vehicle, front wheel drive - and I'm a Midwest girl. Come on! I can do this. I was ready to attempt until I had this in my way:
Yeah. My neighbor thought she could get her rear-wheel drive Lexus out of her garage. She did, but then proceeded to slide down the hill to where my driveway is. So now, I'm definitely blocked in by ice AND my neighbor's car.
So, I've been "chipping" through sections of ice outside of the house so that when the time comes I can attempt to leave, I don't get stuck on ice. I am the only one on my block with a shovel. I just leave it out and my other neighbors come borrow it when I'm not using it.
None of my neighbors have gone to work this week. Another neighbor was supposed to fly home here on Monday. Still not here. They say the ice is staying until it gets warmer .... SATURDAY.
SOOOOOO.... what do you do when you can't leave your house for 5 days???
You play indoor basketball
You pretend you are at the grocery store
You do a lot of painting
(momma's painting)
(b's painting)
man.... I thought i dreading painting.....
you bake.... and subsequentially eat..... A LOT.
you enjoy some tea in the cutest glasses ever (thank you, Santa. Anthro)
you clean EVERYTHING (even the ceiling lights)
and you pray. and read. and dance. Bianca and I have had several dance parties. She dances so funny - up on her toes and back down. Up on the toes, back down. She's practicing her Ballet Pointe, I'm sure.
So, one of my neighbors is having me over for fajitas later tonight. I'm gonna try to walk over there without breaking an ankle. Poor B. She keeps saying, "Bye Bye. Bye Bye." I wish.











1 comment:
Major Bummer! I hope you guys make it out soon...cookies look wonderful...wish I was there to share :)
Post a Comment