bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

The In-Laws

A "wise man" (aka.... my brother Matt....hahaha) once said....something along these lines, 'To have two people join together in a marriage is always special. To have both those people come from two incredible families builds an even better foundation.' He said these words at Derek and I's wedding reception when he gave a toast to us. He was saying how lucky we were to have both come from such strong, committed families. And he was so right.

I love my in-laws. Susan and Scott are amazing, generous, down-to-earth people. I actually get excited when my in-laws come to visit. I went to work this weekend, so tired on Friday night. I had been up since 6am that morning and I knew I would not sleep again until 8am the next morning. When everyone asked why I was so tired, I said,
"My in-laws are in town."
(they reply) "OH... gotch ya. That's too bad."
(I reply) "Actually, no, it's a good thing. I wish I could be there now."
(they say) "Really? Cause I'd be happy to work all weekend if it were my in-laws."
(Me) "Nope, not with mine."

And it's true. Thank you, so much, Nana and Grampy for all you do. Derek and I now have a freshly painted bedroom. Good bye, dark and dreary blue..... HELLO WHITE! It looks awesome, thank you!
Photobucket

(the colors look excellent with this blanket. I LOVE handmade presents - Derek's Aunt Theresa made this for us when we were married.)
Photobucket

And somebody loved her clothes. She's kinda hard to dress right now. Difficult to get her to hold still to get dressed, and even harder to find something that actually fits this tall, skinny girl.
Photobucket

(now going wherever she wants.... shut doors mean nothing - except that they need opening)
Photobucket

Grampy, I hope you learned a few things from Miss Bianca. Here's a look at her showing Grampy how she thinks things should be done...
and I thought I needed an iPad
Photobucket

tell your company she's ready to give you the pink slip.
Photobucket

And Nana, she loves ya. All day Monday all I heard was "Nana." I thought she was telling me she wanted a banana. So, I'd go get her a banana and say, "Here, Bianca, a banana." Nope, not what she wanted. She wanted you - Her Nana.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So as Derek and I sit and reflect on what a nice weekend it was, we realize how lucky we are to have you as parents. Thanks again for everything. We miss you already and wish we could be together more. We can't wait for vacation this May. We are practically counting the days until beach time comes. It will be so fun to be together and watch Bianca play in the sand.

Hurry back for a visit soon, we miss you!

2 comments:

Abbey and Jon said...

Great Post - Love the pictures. Miss B is getting so tall...and skinny :)

Crystal Schaub said...

I totally get your post...I too have great in-laws!