bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 23, 2009

1 month & Dr appt

I'm a little slow posting her 1-month journal. Things are going so much smoother now. We had our 1-month appointment with Dr. Mekelburg. She asked if the Zantac had been helping. I told her baby was sleeping about 2-3 hours now, but still waking up with screaming and having problems wanting to latch. She said this was still not normal and that we were going to switch to Prevacid. So, it's been about 4 days on Prevacid (man....that stuff is EXPENSIVE!) and we have seen a dramatic difference in Bianca. We are also swaddling her at night when she sleeps. She now sleeps about 4-5 hour stretches at night! It feels like a miracle when I go to bed at 9pm and don't wake up until 2am! Just amazing! Baby B is so much happier as well. Now she wakes up only because she is hungry or wet, and she's not screaming in that high-pitch painful yell. She still spits up a bit, but not quite as bad as before. She is just a happier baby.

Happy baby Bianca now weighs in at 9lbs, 2oz. She is growing so fast. Her height and weight is is the 45%-tile and her head is 36cm in the 23%-tile. She is growing fast but still our little peanut! Her hair is just out of control. It is growing as well and when she wakes up it is all over the place! I never imagined I would have a baby with so much hair.

Thanksgiving this week is going to be crazy. My mom and dad are coming in tomorrow night until Friday and Derek's parents will be here Friday to Monday. I am cooking the whole Thanksgiving meal again this year. I do enjoy cooking a lot - hopefully baby will sleep well the night before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy spending time with your parents! Have a great birthday too!! Miss ya!