bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sunny & 60

Well, I see back "home" has been experiencing some terrible weather. I hate to say this....but we reached 68 degrees here in Atlanta today. Yes, it was windy, but nowhere near the wind in Illinois. My brother, Matt, and his family are supposed to fly in for a visit tomorrow - we hope the plane is not cancelled!

Today was Bianca's doctor appointment. Not good news. Her umbilical cord looked "way to oozy" for a 7-week-old. Our pediatrician cauterized it yet again (3rd time) and is sending us to have an ultrasound/sonogram and to see a surgeon. She said it is one of two things: 1. a belly button that is just having a hard time healing or 2. a belly button that won't heal because of a fistula. A fistula is an opening from the abdomen into the umbilicus. The later would require surgery to fix. We hope and pray it is not a fistula or anything that would require such an invasive procedure. Poor Bianca. However, the doctor said to note that this does not cause her any pain - she doesn't even know anything is wrong. So remember us in your prayers. I am very concerned about this and what it means for poor baby....however I just tell myself she is a happy, healthy baby who is just having a rough start. Things could be much worse.

So, that's about it for today. I'll post more after our visitors this week! Yeah!

No comments: