bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Derek's 31st Bday!

Monday, July 13th was Derek's 31st birthday! He had to start off the day by taking his parents to the airport to go back home....we miss you! Later, we celebrated when he got home from work and I took him to the local restaurant/bar for $0.25 wings. It's a usual outing for the neighbors to go every Monday night. This was Derek's first time to tag along. What he didn't know was that I had emailed the neighbors and told them about his birthday, and I also dropped off balloons and cake before we arrived! He was surprised. It was a nice turnout: about 12 neighbors and a friend and her family from my work showed up. I have some pics, but more to come as soon as I get them from the neighbor.
Table of friends and neighbors

Lovely neighbors!

Coworker, Kristin's, 2 older kids

Liz's coworker's family

Cheers to Derek with a birthday Blue Moon

Some of the gang

D and his balloons...looking older???

The cookie cake didn't last long...it was a nice dessert!

Baby is growing so fast! I read in a book she is over 1.5 lbs, recognizes voices and noises "on the outside," can taste what I eat, and is over 13 inches long! It's just amazing to me. We are 25 weeks along now. I need to post a 6month pic.

Tomorrow we have an appointment with our new doctor. Unfortunately, we decided to switch providers after our midwife left the former practice we were seeing. You can check out our new doctor's website if you want: http://www.npobgyn.com. Dr. Seigel is our primary doctor. He has stopped delivering at the hospital I work at, North Fulton in Roswell, Georgia. However, he will make exceptions and deliver employees only at North Fulton. We are so lucky! We look forward to meeting him tomorrow and will blog after to let you know what we think. Some people were asking the name of the hospital I work at/where we will be delivering. It is called North Fulton Regional Hospital in Roswell, Georgia. Here's a link to the maternity ward: http://www.northfultonregional.com/en-US/ourServices/medicalServices/WomensHealthCenter/pages/matsvcs.aspx. If you want, you can take a virtual tour of the maternity center and see where our big day will be taking place!

No comments: