bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 12, 2009

weekend bliss

What a weekend! It started early Thursday night when my friend, Abby, came to visit. Abby lives in Macon, Georgia. We met when we both worked at St. Francis in Peoria, Illinois. It was a great night out to dinner and dessert.

Friday night I had to work. It was also my cousin, Meaghan's, bday....HAPPY BDAY MEAGHAN! Derek's parents came to town Friday. They started working on the house right away. Furniture was moved, walls primed and taped, the works!

Saturday I woke up to the smell of paint in the house - Derek's Dad, Scott and he were painting away! Susan and I decided to take off and go shopping "to get out of their way." So we went off all day and shopped for baby. When we got home, the nursery was painted and looked beautiful! The furniture was delivered Saturday night. We then went out to eat afterwards to celebrate Derek's upcoming birthday. It was a wonderful dinner with beautiful scenery of the River.

I had to work again on Sunday. Derek and Scott installed a ceiling fan in the baby's room and they did more final touches with the paint. They also moved the furniture into place. It is so exciting to see the room take shape.

We are so lucky to have family come visit and help with everything. Derek and I are soooooo grateful. We feel so blessed. Thanks again to Susan and Scott for everything.....we are forever indepted (and of course, we will repay you....by doing the same for our little baby someday.) We love you both very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cant wait to see pictures! we are truly blessed when we hve such wonderful family and friends god bless you both for being in our family love ya both!!!! ps once again happy birthday derek! love aunt pam