bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Savannah!!!

What a great week! My mom and dad came down from Illinois and made the drive with Derek and I to Savannah, Georgia. Derek had to go this week for a business trip, and we all decided to tag along. Everyone says Savannah is a "must see" hometown of Paula Dean cook'n, the Forrest Gump movie, large ships going in and out of the harbor, and multiple histories - too many to list. It was definitely a great trip. Hot, but great! We sure do miss our parents and wish they were all here to see us everyday. Mom realized how sad it was when she said, "Well, I guess I'll see you at your shower but then I probably won't see you pregnant again with this baby." Very sad....I admit. However, I am thrilled they were both able to visit and see the baby's nursery in progress. It is almost done....just a few little things we have to add. Here's a pic of my mom and dad eating at Paula Dean's restaurant:
In order to get into Paula Dean's restaurant, you have to wait in a line that begins at 9:30am. You cannot call the restaurant - you have to show up in person at 9:30am. We had to wait in line for about 70 minutes. Not too bad....except that it was POURING down rain! Needless to say, we got reservations for 6:15pm and enjoyed every bite!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are enjoying your time with your mom and dad. I just got your message and I will call when they leave I don't want to interupt any time with them!! I can't wait till you get home!