bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4th & Williams Visit!!!

We had a great weekend! What a wonderful time we had with Ken, Erin, and Abram Williams visit! Ken is Derek's best friend from Monmouth college. He is so lucky to have such a wonderful buddy! They packed up lil Abram (just over one year old) and came down Thursday-Sunday. I know the airplane ride down was quite a challenge! Once he got here, he was so much fun to have at the house. Derek said, "This is good practice!" He is just the cutest little guy ever. Quite an entertainer and a flirt with the girls. We didn't have many baby supplies, but Erin found an awesome company who allows you to rent their like-new baby supplies. They dropped off everything they needed at our home on Thursday and picked it back up on Friday. I had never heard of such a thing....but will for sure keep them in mind in case others come to visit before baby is born and we have our own supplies.

Anyways, we had a great time hanging out and showing the Williams around. Of course, I had to work all weekend. Thursday night I was able to spend with everyone. Erin (Ken's wife) and I were left at home while the boys went out for some drinks on Thursday. We were up pretty late - past 2am, talking about married life and kids! On Friday, they went to the aquarium and the pool. Atlanta has the world's largest aquarium and it is so neat. Saturday rolled around and it was the moment Derek had been waiting for - the Peachtree 10K. He and Ken did a great job - despite all the heat and not having a qualifying time to start earlier. Derek was worried he wouldn't keep up with Ken who has been running marathons lately, but he did great! Now he's thinking about picking up running more and more and trying for a half marathon himself. I was so sad I didn't get to see him run.

Thanks again to our friends for visiting. We know it was a lot of work (airplane ride...) with Abram teething and going to a home where there are no current children/supplies - but you made it look easy and we loved seeing you. It meant so much. Can't wait until a Vegas trip so the boys can watch the kids and Erin and I run off to shopping/night on the town!

I made this flag cake for dessert.


Is he not just adorable???


He really wanted a squirt in the face - dad had to do it.


He loved the water. He is so social - talking to everyone who walked by.

The 2 guys...dads...hanging out


Abram is quite a gifted little runner already - very active!


I seriously wanted to keep him he is just TOO CUTE!

No comments: