I'm officially "a boring patient." The doctor told us yesterday that I have been medically cleared and "like any other first time pregnancy." I have no restrictions for work or anything. He said I could go anytime and baby would be just fine - although he said I'll probably go closer to the original due date. That means about 3 weeks left! Yeah! Time has gone so fast these last two weeks. No more 2 visits/week to the doctor~ I'm going only 1 time/week now. Susan (Derek's mom) was with me at this last visit and met one of the doctors. She also got to sit with me while they "non-stress tested" the baby. I was hooked to a monitor that watched my contractions and baby's movements for about 30 minutes. She slept most of the time, which did not make the doctor happy, so he can in and manipulated her by pushing on my stomach all over - ouch!
This week flew by. Susan was here Tuesday thru Friday and we had a great time. It's always nice when she comes. This time I was a little tired by Thursday and our shopping was not as extensive. She left this morning - thanks so much for coming! Next time we have a visitor, we will be a family and not just a couple!
We are pretty much set for baby to come. I think everything has been bought and is in its place at the house. Now all's we need is baby! The words "full term" kind of shook me - especially when you've been told she's coming early for the last month. I do hope she comes close to her due date, but I need to get used to being pregnant for a little while longer! Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers - this baby and we are blessed!


2 comments:
yeah! I can't wait to see this precious baby girl!
So excited for you! Now you can relax and know that baby girl is 'cooked' now that she's 'full term' at 37 weeks!
Post a Comment