I'd been waiting for today for so long. I knew today both Derek and I would have off for the 4th of July holiday. Little B had no idea what was in store for her today!!!
I was greeted by Derek and Bianca this morning at an 8am wakeup call. That doesn't seem early, but I literally had my rear kicked at work the night before. I did not even get out of work until after midnight because I had a critical patient, so I was over an hour late getting home. But what a joy, to wake up to your husband and baby! I hung out in bed with Baby B, who is very close to crawling. Look out. Then had my usual morning breakfast of champions: apple toaster sturdle and Diet Coke, followed by 1-2 cups of coffee. When I went upstairs to put B to down for a nap, this was what I found:
Daddy reading to his baby girl
B took a nap for about 2 seconds. It was off to the gym. Not for Derek or I..... but for Bianca! She loved Gymboree gym class. It was so great. She jumped, rolled, scooted, played, yelled, and everything else! It was awesome. And what a great place - so clean and so interactive. Bianca loved meeting her new friends. Mommy and Daddy were exhausted afterward. Maybe the gym actually is a workout program for us, too!
After gym class we went to my favorite place in Atanta: Virginia Highlands. It is such a wonderful place. Not Derek's favorite place, but definitely mine! Here's a glimpse at some of the reasons why I'm obsessed:
The sidewalks are bricked and have adorable seating along the road, as well as cutesy chalk boards outside of the eclectic stores. This board was outside of a yarn store. I don't sew, knit, or anything in that genre. However, I still love to go into the store and smell the yarn and look at the yummy colors........

This store is called Dabberdoodle. Do I need to say more? Adorable.
This is outside of B's favorite store - Green Pomegranate. They have baby and toddler clothes made out of all recycled materials. They have little sundresses made out of vintage table clothes, baby bonnets made out of hankies, and more than you can even imagine.
My ALL-TIME favorite store.... anywhere.... not just in Atlanta. This place is my temple-
Paper Source
We had lunch at an outdoor restaurant. Derek had fajitas. I had loaded chips. B had squash and yogurt.



1 comment:
Love the photos - Loved the comments on each one! I am so glad you guys had a wonderful family day together - looks like an amazing, yet bit exhausting time was had by all :) Love to all - A
Post a Comment