I love family. Growing up, my friends in grade school, high school, and college knew my cousins. That's a lot to say when I have 20+ cousins - on both sides! My cousins were my friends, family, my loves. My college buddies met my cousins when they came to visit me at school, likewise, they'd "re-meet" every St. Patty's day when my college buddies came to my hometown - even after graduating.
So when my cousin, Katy, called me this morning to say, "Hey, we'll be driving through Atlanta. Kinda short notice, but if you're around......" Of course I'd be around!!! With bells on!!!
I was so excited. Katy is family that I've always looked up to. She used to babysit me when my parents went out of town on vacation and left us kids behind. One time at a family get together she gave me a bunch of clothes she no longer wanted. I scavenged them up and wore them all the time! To describe her using one word - "sweet".
It's funny cause a lot has changed since she used to be my babysitter. We both are married. We both have our own babies (she has 3 boys!). We both live in different states. But when you look deeper, not so much has changed. She married the same great guy she was dating back then.... how awesome. She still is an amazing babysitter - ask Bianca how well she jumped right in! She still is my cousin, and we still have that deep love and devotion to our families. And of course, she's still so sweet!
Katy, I look forward to seeing you when you move closer to us. Can you believe our husbands now not only work for the same company, but actually in the same division, with the same boss???!!! Crazy! Looking forward to meetings in Jacksonville. (does CAT know what they're in for???....!!!)


No comments:
Post a Comment